Mumbai is all about people and dreams. Hurrying, chasing, haggling, racing or simply trying to make sense of life’s frenetic pace. After a grueling week at work or even at home, the weary soul starts longing for a spot, albeit small, which could soothe the frazzled nerves and refill its energy bank in a jiffy.
So, here we have listed the best resorts near Mumbai to rejuvenate you so that you can take life by the horns once again with gusto.
1. U Tropicana Beach Resort, Alibaug (93 Km from Mumbai)
Alibaug is a Mumbaikar’s favourite beach destination and U Tropicana is the most sought after resort in this area. Taking a ferry from the Gateway of India is also an option. The resort is beautifully landscaped and soothing to the weary eye.
- The resort provides a 24hr room use facility, letting one make most of one’s stay
- A wonderful poolside bar with music makes for a great evening experience
- The gaming zone is just right for the kids to have loads of fun
- And for those who love reading, there is an excellent library facility available
2. Della Resorts and Villas, Lonavala (96 Km from Mumbai)
Della Villas in Lonavala are amongst the most beautiful resorts near Mumbai for weekend breaks. Della Resorts & Villas is located in Lonavala and spread over 43 acres. The designer resort houses three categories of five star resorts all under one roof. There is the regular resort adventure sports resort and the tents to choose from. Adventure sports, you can’t afford to miss this one.
- India’s best adventure activities available here
- A number of eating options, snacky to sumptuous meals
- All modern amenities from Jacuzzi to spa to rejuvenate you
3. Upper Deck, Lonavala (104 Km from Mumbai)
Away from the maddening crowd, perched atop Lonavala’s highest point level on Tungarli Hills, Upper Deck is one of the best resorts near Mumbai – a haven for the routine-weary. It has a spectacular view of the Valvan Dam and the hills all around, especially in the monsoons.
- Ideal for corporate events as well as family outings
- Facilities to like swimming pool and spa
- Resort-arranged indoor and out door activities catering to young and old
- Sumptuous and delicious food experience in their restaurant overlooking the valley
4. Prakruti Resort, Kashid (134 Km from Mumbai)
Prakruti Resort in Kashid should be on your list of best resorts near Mumbai for a one day picnic. This resort is snugly located in the sea-village Kashid near Alibaug. It is easily one of the most popular beach resorts near Mumbai for those who want to enjoy the mountains as well as the sea.
- The beach is just a stone’s throw away, accessible anytime
- Innumerable activities within the resort including mini-golf lawn tennis, water sports, pool and many more.
- It’s a lush 100 acre property, all for you to explore
5. Anandvan Resort, Bhandardara ( 150 km from Mumbai)
Boasting of the highest peak in Maharashtra and one of the largest lakes and oldest dams in the country, Anandvan is the place to stay at this exotic destination. The monsoon months are the best months to travel here.
- An ideal place to try out the traditional Ayurveda treatments
- An eco-sensitive travel destination, blending elegance and luxury with responsible tourism
- Unique recreational activities like boating, fishing, nature treks and camping.