The world is filled with things that just can’t be explained. There are things right in front of us which we don’t even notice and then there are those we have absolutely no idea about. Facts that haven’t been heard by most of us or haven’t been told to most of us. Regardless, these 50 random facts are worth knowing. Some are so random that we never even would’ve thought they mattered.
1.The world’s deepest postbox is in Susami Bay, Japan. It is 10 metres underwater.
2. Female Kangaroos have three vaginas.
Confused? So are the males.
3. Astronaut Buzz Aldrin was 1st man to pee on the moon.
Yeah Neil, so what if you stepped on it first? Buzz marked his territory like a boss.
4. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match stick.
5. Alfred Hitchcock’s ‘Pyscho’ was the first film to show a toilet being flushed on screen.
6. The longest music performance began on 5th September 2001 in a church in Germany and will end in 2640.
The last time the note changed was in 2013 and it won’t change again before 2020. They could not rope in Himesh Reshammiya even though he shot his film in Germany. It is called ASAP (As Slow As Possible).
7. The Tanganyika laughter epidemic lasted for around 6 to 18 months.
The laughter started in a village school in Tanzania (then Tanganyika) with 3 girls. In the end, it affected over a 1000 people. It also made some people cry, scream and faint before eventually dying out.
8. Otters sleep holding hands.
9. 20% of coffee mugs contain fecal matter.
10. If you remove all the empty space from the atoms that make up every human on earth, the entire world’s population can fit in an apple.
No wonder it was the forbidden fruit.