Mankind has done a lot in the name of development. The world has moved on with time. Of course to do, that there have been various steps taken; some bad, some good. But just like ‘the show’, development must also go on. Some major cities in the world have changed a lot over time and the development they have undergone is just unimaginable.
Here are 15 such cities that seem unrecognizable when compared in their before & after pics:
1. Dubai, UAE: 1990 & 2013
From dust to concrete.
2. Los Angeles, USA: 1970 & 2014
3. Fortaleza, Brazil: 1970 & 2015
Earlier people walked here hand in hand and now buildings stand side by side.
4. Jakarta, Indonesia: 1960 & 2015
Growth in concrete and growth in green.
5. Toronto, Canada: 1930 & 2014
Development by the bay.
6. Panama City, Panama: 1930 & 2014
From nothing to something.
7. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: 1990 & 2014
From old to new, this is how tourism grew!
8. Singapore: 1990 & 2014
This is resourceful development.
9. Long Beach, USA: 1953 & 2009
Doesn’t seem as long now, does it?
10. Shenzen, China: 1980 & 2011
When nature goes and building grows.
11. Hong Kong: 1920 & 2000
A mountainous change.
12. Shanghai, China: 1990 & 2014
13. Tokyo, Japan: After WWII & 2013
14. Beijing, China: 1950 & 2015
Can no more wood be good?
15. Paris, France: 1900 & 2012
Eiffel Tower: “I stood still as the world around me kept growing.”
Surprised, weren’t you? How times have changed!
Content & Featured Image Source: Scoopwhoop