DENGUE FEVER –THE BREAKBONE FEVER
Now days, you see a lot of diseases due to low immunity in humans one of them is very common and prone to death, that is DENGUE FEVER also known as BREAKBONE FEVER as the pain in the fever is so painful that it feels as if bones are breaking.
In general what really causes dengue is due to bite of only dengue mosquito. You should be able to identify the dengue mosquito as well. Sometimes you may not get infected through just a bite but that generally depends on your immunity level as well.
Symptoms of dengue virus will be visible in 5-10 days of the bite. Some of the symptoms are –
- Sudden high fever
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash which appears in two tofive days after the onset of fever
If you see any these symptoms don’t relate to viral before seeing and confirming your doctor.
There are some precautions you can take to avoid getting affected –
- Prevent mosquito bites
- Dengue Mosquitoes Bite during the daytime – protect yourself from the bite.
- Wear full sleeve cloths and long dresses to cover the limbs.
- Use repellents – care should be taken in using repellents on young children and elders.
- Use mosquito coils and electric vapour mats during the daytime to prevent dengue.
- Use mosquito nets to protect babies. old people and others who may rest during the day. The effectiveness of such nets can be improved by treating them with permethrine (Pyrethroid insecticide). Curtains (Cloth or Bamboo) can also be treated with insecticide and hung at windows or doorways, to repel or kill mosquitoes.
- Break the cycle of mosquito – human – mosquito infection. Mosquitoes become infected when they bite people who are sick with dengue. Mosquito nets and coils will effectively prevent more mosquitoes from biting sick people and help stop the spread of dengue.
- To tighten all water containers regularly.
- Prevention of AedesAegypti mosquitoes breeding by emptying of household water containers at least once in a week.
- Prevent the multiplication of mosquitoes
- Mosquitoes which spread dengue live and breed in stagnant water in and around house.
- Drain out the water from desert / window air coolers (when not in use), tanks, barrels, drums, buckets etc.
- Remove all objects containing water (e.g. plant saucers, etc.) from the house.
- All stored water containers should be kept covered all times.
- Collect and destroy discarded containers in which water collect, e.g. bottles, plastic bags, tins, tyres etc.
FOODS WHICH MIGHT HELP YOU TO PREVENT DENGUE AS IT INCREASES THE IMMUNITY LEVEL-
- Green tea
- Coconut water
featured images source:thestandarddaily