“Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries.”
Traveling opens us up to new experiences. We see shades of the world we didn’t know existed, literally and metaphorically. Discovering a new hue of the sunset against a different horizon, or a flower in colors you had never seen before are things that change us. Novelty transforms, inspires and leaves a creative mark on our sensibilities. Travel, it is said, makes us better designers.
We bring you eight places you must visit if you are looking for design inspiration. The colors and designs drawn from the traditions and culture of these places are breathtaking!
1. Travel to the Mediterranean for this cheerful Corfu Yellow.
2. The beautiful forests of Angkor Wat is where these lovely hues of green come from.
3. The countryside of Provence have given us beautiful Fine Cheese.
4. In Burano, you will find inspiration to bring vibrancy and brightness in your life.
5. The rustic villages of Europe is where you will find this earthy brown in its authenticity.
6. Trust Paris to seduce you with its Bohemian lifestyle and Cherry Rouge cafes.
7. Jodhpur is the perfect place to visit if you are looking for calming shades of blue.
8. In Scandinavia, less is more when it comes to design.
featured image source:scoopwhoop